Who we are
Quaker Social Action (QSA) is a UK registered charity (1069157) and company limited by guarantee (3524063).
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or in writing to our registered address which is 17 Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green London E2 9PJ. Alternatively, you can telephone 020 8983 5030.
QSA is the data controller of the personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
• We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
• We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
• If you are under 16, always check with a parent or guardian before giving personal information to anyone online.
We collect information so we can:
• Contact you if necessary.
• See how you are using the site so we can improve it.
• Understand why you support our work, so we can better meet your needs and find more people to our support our work like you.
• Some parts of the site may ask you for more information so that you can use services, sign up for newsletters, get more information about our services or donate money to support us.
• You’ll always be told when this information is being collected. In most cases you’ll be asked to enter it – for example, an email address to sign up for further information. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
We never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
We collect the following information from people visiting the website
• Questions, and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send us emails.
• Personal data relating to the completion of online forms for example donations or booking our training products.
• Your IP address and which web browser (and version) you use.
• Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our services.
• We review our log we use to keep your information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid). We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
We may use your information to:
• Process a donation that you have made.
• Process an order to attend training we are delivering.
• Process a donation of furniture you would like to make.
• Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, appeals, other fundraising activities.
How you can access and update your information
If you change your mind about how or what we contact you about, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 17 Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, London E2 9PJ.
Alternatively, you can telephone 020 8983 5030
• Like most websites, our site uses small data files stored on your computer called cookies.
• Cookies are small pieces of information sent by an organisation to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow that website to recognise you when you visit. They collect statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and do not identify you as an individual.
How we store and protect your personal data
Information you provide to us is stored on secure servers and payment transactions are encrypted. However, the transmission of information over the internet is never guaranteed to be 100% secure. We’ll do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or the confidentiality of email; any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation;
• For law enforcement purposes;
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
• Ask us not to process your personal data;
• See information we hold about you;
• Ask for inaccurate personal data to be corrected.
• For a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to Quaker Social Action, 17 Old Ford Road, London, E2 9PJ. When we’re satisfied with your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose. Please contact us at the same address if you believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate and want it to be corrected.
Links to and from our website
This Policy was last updated in April 2018.
Please read this policy in conjunction with the Quaker Social Action website terms and conditions.